Friday, May 20, 2011

New Picture & Heartbeat!




Hello Everyone! 

Well Thursday was a very eventful day! We had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Johansen, and what I thought was just going to be a normal check up with no frills, ended up being another photo-op for us to see Baby Milne! 

So far, I'm looking great as my doctor says, and blood pressure is normal, labs are all normal, and I actually lost some weight, so right now doctor says its OK, however going forward not something that I should continue with. Believe me when I say I'm not trying to loose weight, but this morning sickness is throwing me for a loop! So as long as the prenatal vitamins are staying down and I drink fluids that is fine. If the froth continues we will look into something in the future for that issue.

Now for the really cool stuff...we got to have another ultrasound, and now my little one has decided to have a growth spurt, and we are now measuring in a week ahead, at 10 weeks 2 days. So the embryo has graduated to an actual fetus, and looks like a baby with a very big head! (Insert groan here) 

But while the doctor was going through and showing us all of the different features of the baby, the heart, the brain, the arms, the legs, all of a sudden he focused in on one area and then there was sound, it was the HEARTBEAT! It was the sweetest sound and so soothing to hear, and instantly there was a bond there for me! The heart rate was 158bpm. So that is good as well, shows a healthy rate! We couldn't be more excited to hear about that, I wasn't expecting to hear it already, but I'm not complaining! 

We have the First Trimester Screening for Downs Syndrome coming up on June 8th. That is another ultrasound of the neck area, and a blood draw, followed by another doctors appointment with Dr Johansen. Based off of the information then there might be an amniocentesis but it depends on the numbers that come back from those test results. So that is the latest and greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment